The French Senate Library Annexe in The Luxembourg Palace, Paris. The palace was built as a royal residence for Marie de Médicis, mother of king Louis XIII of France. Up until the French Revolution it was a princely residence.
Declared a National Palace in 1791, the Luxembourg Palace became home to the Directoire, the House of Peers (1814-1848), and the Senate of the Third Republic (from 1879).
Beginning in 1835 the architect Alphonse de Gisors added a new garden wing parallel to the old corps de logis, replicating the look of the original 17th-century facade and adding a library.
In the room which has 2km of shelving are kept nearly 57,000 volumes.
The roof consists of a series of paintings representing the 12 signs of the Zodiac. They are the work of Jacob Jordaens, a better student of Flemish painter Rubens. In the center, the “Sunrise Dawn” is by Antoine Gallet.